Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Map HUD Progress

I figured it was time to give an update. There isn't much progress. First, I have to say that the resolution for any donated maps should be 1024x512 to get a decent resolution and detail.

As far as donations... there haven't been any. I made a request, however, for a set that I knew of and I have received some very great maps from Anu Daviau, who has made the awesome trip from the USS Sims to Corsica and Gaeta. Anu graciously provided me with copies of her maps.

I have my shiny new Bay City Map, and the maps I made from my first trip from Grumio to Watchman.

I have a few rez zones that I know of that I'm going to put on a map of friendly ports, but those are fairly few. I'm looking for more, however, especially on the older continents: Heterocera, Sansara and Jeogeot.

But I need more trip routes and rez zones (friendly ports), as well as the obstacles. Maybe that'll come along after I get the first HUD together, kind of like the old fairy tale, about the stone soup.

Once I come up with something a little more substantial than just Bay City and Anu's maps, I'll publish the HUD and we'll see what happens from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment